Sunday, October 16, 2016

SAD? More like MAD.

Everyone in my house is cranky AF lately. I know we're all pretty prone to seasonal mood swings, so there's that, but also, we've been moving stuff around and people have been travelling and stuff, so there's just a shitton of things out of place and/or unfinished/un-dealt with around here, and IDK about them, but I know that I'm SUPER-AFFECTED by mess/clutter.
It's a slippery slope, though. One person leaves [whatever] out, and then everyone just thinks they can just leave other shit out, making a clutter pile. Or one person doesn't do their daily chores, so the next person complains and then does a shit job, or in the case of the dishes, can't fit all the dishes in one load, so there's dishes left out and then the next person complains about that.
I bought some towels. They arrived in two GIANT boxes. Like, ridiculously large. I don't think I like them, but I wanted the rest of my people to weigh in on them. Do you like the colors (I ordered 'grape' and 'forest' but the 'forest' looked more emerald/jewel toned online, and I don't know if I like the muted, olive-y quality they have IRL), what about the size (they're 'bath sheets' which have always screamed "LUXURY!!!" to me, ever since I was a small Gin and I always wanted some. But now they seem too damn long and out of proportion.), what about the feel (the forest style seems more plush)? I kind of decided I'd return them all and get the forest-style in the grape color, and in a fucking normal-ass size. BUT in the meantime, these fucking giant-ass boxes are in my fucking tiny-ass kitchen. And then what happens? People put empty soda boxes on top. Because they can't break 'em down and put them in the recycling in the house, or take them out-the-fuck-side and put them in the big recycling bins we have. No, we're just constructing a bigass box-city monument or something. What the actual fuck? WE DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR THIS. Marv's room is just a fucking garbage pile. I gave her a pass because she was out of town for a week, and it does take a couple days to get back into the jam but now I'm like, I literally can't see your floor. And it's 98% clothes -- clothes I just washed (I don't want to say 'clean' because now she's just been walking on them for a week). JUST PICK UP YOUR FUCKING CLOTHES.
I had to fucking BRIBE Operation Delta to clean up the fucking yard. And here's the thing: I don't do that. My children do get an allowance, but it's generally not tied to anything. Like, their chores and shit aren't jobs for which they get paid. Chores are because we're all coexisting in this cardboard shack, so don't be a dick and be courteous of your housemates, for the greater good (echo: "The greater good!"). Although, a friend did give me a good idea: if someone drops the ball on their chores, they should have to pay the next day's chore person, which hurts doubly--not only do they lose precious $$, but they literally have to give it to their sibling, which is maybe the worst punishment I can imagine for my children. (They like each other and generally get along, but they're very competitive about financial matters and who owes whom how much.) Oh, but anyway, I'm just SO FUCKING SICK of looking like the shit house on the block, that I resorted to monetary rewards for cleaning that shit up. And oddly enough, Operation Delta, whose face is always plastered to the computer monitorS in his room, took me the fuck up on my offer. Marvellina, who loves money and shiny things above all else (she's a Capricorn) did not. IDK why not; is the Supermoon makin' people act bizarrely? But also, I mean, she has the shitshow that is her room to deal with. Nink is at work, and I know he's going to be crab-the-fuck-y when he gets home (b/c how can you not walk into a garbage house and not be instantly sour??) and I'm just like, can I hire someone to come in ('hire' is a loose term, I don't actually have any money to pay said person) and clean, RIGHT NOW? Or can I burn the house down and just build a new one out of LEGO real quick? Maybe we can just all live in ODelta's giant goalie bag for the time being?
I just wish people (me included) would just put their (emotional/whatever) shit away and also put their (tangible household/personal item/whatever) shit away. I know everyone needs to play hooky or whatever every now and again, but we have to get back up and fight the good fight again.

This post has been brought to you by the words 'fuck', 'shit', and 'whatever'.

No comments:

Post a Comment